Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, and for good reasons! They're eco-friendly, affordable, and enjoyable to drive. As the number of electric vehicles increases, so is the need for places where they can charge. This is why it's crucial to be aware of all the charging stations for electric cars in Cork. In this blog, we'll provide you with all the information you should be aware of at these EV car charging stations!
Status of Electric Vehicles in Cork County
Cork City Council has taken the lead in the country with the installation of a minimum of 76 electric vehicles (EVs) in operation. It is the first step in creating the most significant city authority's fleet of electric cars all over the United States.It was the decision taken by Cork City Council to move to electric vehicles is a crucial element of Cork's Climate Action Plan which advocates the need to cut back on the emissions of mobility. Electric vehicles enhance air quality and generate less than half the carbon emissions of gasoline vehicles. They also increase the well-being of the Cork residents making the county more comfortable to live in.It will also benefit from enormous savings as high as €700,000 over five years following the introduction of EV cars which will replace diesel-powered vehicles.
Availability of Car Charging Points in Ireland
At present, Ireland requires 100 fast-charging points to charge EV cars within the next eight months if they want to meet the government's goal. There are currently just 1,900 fast-charging stations across the State.Based on the opinions of experts in the Irish automobile industry, massive investments into charging infrastructure and incentives are needed from the Irish Government to achieve the goal of having one million electric vehicles (EVs) on the roads by 2030.To have one million electric automobiles on Irish roads in 2030, the government has to fund charging infrastructure and incentives. At present, there are just 1900 fast-charging stations across the country.
Location of Electric Car Charging Stations in Cork
There are a number of electric car charging stations located throughout Cork County. Some popular locations include Cork Airport, Blarney Castle, and Fota Wildlife Park.
PlugShare also helps on how to find E-car charging stations in Cork. It provides numerous E-car charging stations in Cork through Google Maps. Here are some details and locations of Electric Car Charging Stations in Cork:
- Paul Street Multi Story Car Park -This car charging station operates 2x3kW available Mon-Sat 07:30-00:00, Sun 11:30-00:00. There are two Type 2 plugs available at this car charging point.
- South Mall - ESB - R848, 51 South Mall, Cork - This charging station requires PAYG:26.8c/kWh, Subscribtion:23c/kWh with 4hrs free parking. There are two Type 2 ESB plugs available at this car charging point.
- Copley Street (Opp Keohanes) - ESB - This charging station requires PAYG:26.8c/kWh, Subscribtion:23c/kWh with 4hrs free parking. There are two Type 2 ESB plugs available at this car charging point.
- River Lee Hotel - Western Rd, Cork, Ireland -This charging station requires payment with 24c activation, 33c/kWh+ after 1 hour 33c/minute overstay. One plug for CHAdeMO and another for CCS/SAE are available here.
- Kent Railway Station - Lower Glanmire Road, Cork - This charging station requires PAYG:26.8c/kWh, Subscribtion:23c/kWh with 4hrs free parking. There are two Type 2 ESB plugs available at this car charging point.
- Ballyphehane Community Centre - 97 Connolly Rd, Ballyphehane, Cork - This charging station requires payment of €0.27c access + €0.33kWh. One Type 2 EasyGo is available here.
- Montenotte Hotel - Middle Glanmire Rd, Tivoli, Cork This charging station has a pull-in free parking and a well-illuminated area. Payment is required for the two Type 2 plugs available at this car charging point.
- Cathedral of St Mary & St Anne, Shandon - 25 Cathedral Ave, Shandon, Cork - This charging station is free including the parking but is not operating for 24 hours. J-1772 and Type 2 plugs are available here.
- The Kingsley Hotel Car Park - The Kingsley, Cork -This charging station has a pull-in free parking and a well-illuminated area. Payment is required €0.40/kWh max of €30.00 per session taxes VAT (included) 13.5% for the two Type 2 plugs available at this car charging point.
- Circle K Frankfield - Frankfield Service Station, Kinsale Rd, Curraghconway - This charging station has a pull-in free parking. Payment is required 37c/kWh PAYG, €5 overstay after 45minutes for the CHAdeMO, CCS/SAE plugs available at this car charging point.
There is currently an unfinished list of EV charging points that are available in Ireland. There are two apps that provide the locations of E-car charging stations in Cork. ESB Connect and GoCharge Apps cover most of them, providing real-time availability and management of your account while you travel. These two apps help Irish people how to find E-car charging stations in Cork..
Commercial Installation of EV Car Chargers in Cork
Management of EV car charging stations in Cork is a lucrative business opportunity. If the increase in charging stations is occurring, the possibility to develop and manage a full managing service for charging stations is a great business concept. The E-car charging station market is in the infancy stage, and new players will be introduced soon. If you're considering the installation of EV car charging stations within Commercial Offices, EcoPlex is one of the leading suppliers of high-end commercial installation of EV car chargers in Cork. EcoPlex offers options to charge your vehicle while at work so that you can focus on what is important and not fret about being unable to utilize your electric car.We take pride in providing advice on the installation and ongoing maintenance of our services. We'll always provide the most cost-effective advice fit for your budget and business. The Smart Charge stations we set up can monitor the energy usage of your employees. They can also give digital reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and even yearly.
ACA (TAX INCENTIVE SCHEME FOR BUSINESSES) - Commercial Installation of EV Car Chargers in Cork
The Accelerated Capital Allowance tax (ACA) is an incentive plan to stimulate firms to spend money on technology which helps save energy. It's an incentive program for tax purposes. ACA is built on the existing Capital Allowance for plants and machinery and can be applied to energy efficiency equipment like EV car charging stations in Cork.ACA is based upon the "Wear and Tear Allowance" for capital investment in machinery and plant which allows capital depreciation to be paid back by reducing an organization's tax liability.The grant permits businesses to lower the cost of equipment by subtracting their profits during the year that they purchased the equipment. It is the tax savings granted by the government in the year that is 12.5% of the present cost of capital expenditure.For more information about ACA, look up the FAQs listed below. Click here for more information.
EcoPlex As Your Partner for E-car Charging Stations in Cork
With increasing numbers of people switching to EV cars, the requirement for reliable and efficient charging stations is becoming more crucial. In Cork, we have many choices when it comes to EV car charging stations.EcoPlex is among the most reputable providers of EV car chargers in Cork. We have options that meet all budgets and needs, and our staff is always ready to offer professional assistance and advice. If you're considering the commercial installation of EV car chargers in Cork, we have the perfect electric car charger for your needs. Find out what our customers say about us and learn more about our excellent service by reading their honest reviews. Contact us today to set up a complimentary consultation! We'll be delighted to answer any questions you may have about charging stations for electric cars in Cork and assist you to determine the right charging solution to meet your requirements.